Saturday, December 8, 2012

Natural Fences

There are two things that women do here in Raymond. One is pick up the trash that other people throw in their yards, and the other is picking up branches that the trees discard on a regular basis. Since we don’t have a dump in Raymond, the city comes around and picks up the piles of branches set by the curb. I was told that people were supposed to tie them up into bundles, but somebody cheated and didn’t do it, and now no one bundles. Oh well. 

I don’t discard the leaves that fall in the yard. I put them into the flower beds. I also don’t discard the branches I collect. Instead, I incorporate them into my natural fences. All you need is a good clipper, a hammer, and wet enough soil in order to be able to drive in the stakes. And I admit, I’ve been guilty of sneaking into the neighbor’s yard, and stealing their downed branches as well, but only when I needed a good branch to replace a section of rotten wood. The fence, is an ongoing event so you always need new branches.







No comments:

Post a Comment