Monday, July 9, 2012


Bay Lee and Her Amazing Eggs

Bay Lee and I moved to Raymond five years ago.  This was possible because Bay Lee fell in love with Bill, my husband, and rode on his chest, in a marathon car ride, all the way from California.  Since then, she has produced more eggs than I wish to count, and I saved them all!  I’m beginning to worry that all those eggs may be depleting her system, and if there is anyone out there who can suggest how to stop the flow, please let me know.  I suppose she needs more stress in her life.  Perhaps if I drive her around in the car once a day, this will interrupt her breeding cycle.  In the meantime, the vet says she’s quite healthy and the fact that we feed her what we eat seems to work well. She has her own dinner plate. Gone are the days when birds were kept in cages and fed only birdseed and water.  She’s an excellent flier and navigates our house like a pro.


1 comment:

  1. Word of the day: Fecund. Our students think we're cussing!

    ReplyDelete