Friday, May 17, 2013

More Moments in Nature

This spring, with all the rain we've had, has proven to be a block buster year for flora. Ever since I realized that the camera on my phone was taking really good photos, I've discarded my old, heavy camera.  I'm sure this is a boon and a curse. Since I'm into the visual arts these days, it's been a delight to record what I see on my way through the day and around Raymond.

                    I came upon a flat of Marigolds and they were so vibrant and alive, I could hear them.


                                           These are two views of my back and side yard.

                                              The Sun Drops have been magnificent this year.

Picked these roses from a vacant lot .And no, I don't pick flowers out of other people's yard. At least, not yet.  Maybe when I'm in my eighties.

Got up the other morning and found these in the yard across the street. Well, yes, I know they're plastic, but couldn't resist.

Ah, this was a wonderful surprise. Last fall, we had to replace our water line and it went right through the middle of my Iris bed. I didn't expect there would be many blooms since I had to dig them up, put in the line, and plant them again. These are wild Iris - the best kind.

And this is the poor Pointsettia I received as a gift last Christmas. As you can see, it's still alive. I don't have the heart to throw it out, and yet I want to. Each year I go through this conflict. Would anyone out there like to have it? Is there a home for forgotten Poinsettias?

No comments:

Post a Comment