Tuesday, May 28, 2013



Meditation

The other day, I was reading a book on meditation. In one of the chapters, I found a suggested method to get in touch with your inner self. It involved imagining yourself lying in a grassy meadow, and looking up at the blue sky. As you were lying there, you were told to look around to see if you see a spirit animal, like a coyote, rabbit, bear, or wolf. The condition of the animal is supposed to be a reflection of how you really are at this point in life, and this was for you to ponder during your meditation. Well, I woke up in the middle of the night and had trouble going back to sleep. So I decided to give the meditation a try. I got as far as lying in the meadow, looking up at the blue sky, and then I fell asleep. Much to my surprise, I was still in the meadow and I was dreaming. I was delighted up to the point where I looked around me and found a very aggressive woods cow looking down at me with fierce eyes, and very long horns. I jumped up and started to run, and it chased me until my husband woke me up, saying I was wimpering and struggling in the bed next to him. He asked me what I was dreaming about. I told him I was being chased by a cow, and he laughed.

The next morning, I found myself wondering whether there was a message in my dream. I’ve studied a lot of religions in my life, but I never heard of anyone being chased by a cow, spiritually or physically. I suppose this is for me to ponder, and maybe somewhere down the line, I’ll get an answer, but for now, like Bob says – the answer my friend, is blowin’ in the wind. The answer is blowin’ in the wind. 


PS: While searching for the appropriate photo to go with this essay, I came upon the following two photos, and couldn't resist. Here they are!

                                                      This looks like someone I know.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment