Thursday, July 11, 2013


Age 65

It’s official with this birthday. I am now an OP. I never imagined that I’d be this old. Back when I was a meer ute, I envisioned myself being 40 years old with a few wrinkles. That was my idea of being old.

Although my body reminds me each day that it is deteriorating, I have to say that I’m a lot happier now than I was when I was young. There were always too many dramas back in the earlier days. I was always striving to get to the top of the pile, thinking I’d be happy then, once I got there. Now that age has embraced me, I find that I appreciate the simpler things in life. Having that warm cup of aromatic tea each morning. Going for my daily walk through the town. Enjoying an evening meal with my husband. Creating my artwork, now that no one expects anything from me. I am now free to take the chances that I once feared. Delighted with what turns out to be great, and not beating myself up when something I created, misses its mark. I just put it aside and go on. There are other things to explore.

So when it comes your time to be 65, I hope you too can be comfortable in your old skin, and be happy. That’s what it’s all about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment