Sunday, July 21, 2013


Visit to the Coast

Bill and I drove down to the coast to visit some friends this past week-end. They have a lovely home. Here are some of the highlights of the visit:




                       Their drive-way was lined with Live Oaks, and it reminded me of California.




Among the many display cases, I found this alligator skull which was really cool.


                                                         This was my favorite artwork.


                                    While there, we met this great, old, Martin Banjo from 1923.


This was their pump house. Complete with tin roof, it looks like many other old buildings in Mississippi.



But best of all, were their pet catfish. We went to the edge of the pond, threw in some fish food, and suddenly all these fish appeared out of nowhere. They were very tame, and delightful as much as a catfish can be.

Right before we left for home, I took a walk around their property. Unaware, I picked up a number of Red Bugs (chiggers) and still have the bites. It feels so good when you scratch them, though. If you've ever had them, you'd probably agree. 





No comments:

Post a Comment