Monday, March 18, 2013









Holy Shit!

A thunderstorm came through late this afternoon, and it produced golf ball sized hail. I had a feeling that there was danger on the horizon when I took the clouds photo. It started to rain, and then the hail came down, but it was pea sized at first. As I stood in the open doorway of my house, I began to realize that the hail stones were getting larger and larger, and oh my God, they were making dents in my car! I stood there helpless, sputtering and waving my arms. There was nothing I could do but watch. I haven’t seen a hail storm like this in 40 years. The last time I encountered a similar storm, I was on my way to visit my parents in Biloxi. I had to pull under a bridge and wait until the bombardment stopped. At least I was able to save the car from all those dents – but not this time.

Update:  To add insult to injury, it hailed again this evening.  

Further Update:  We had golf ball sized hail in Raymond.  Jackson had baseball sized hail. I'm told that the car dealerships really took a beating. One of the schools in Clinton had to close down because there were so many holes in the roof from the hail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment