Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Small but Deep Loss




Governor Huey P. Long died last night. He was 10 years old, but it was unexpected. I thought that it might be DoWe Don'tWe because when I was cleaning their cage yesterday, DoWe flew out of the room and down the hall. I heard her hit a wall, and I was concerned that she might have some collision damage. Much to my surprise, it was The Governor who succumbed. I found him on the bottom of the cage this morning. The Governor was a standard green and yellow parakeet, not the brightest bulb in the batch, but very feisty. He will be missed, especially by DoWe, who had a close relationship with him.. He is also survived by his fellow cage mates, Rowdy Boy and Lavender Larry. Gone before him were his parents, Mattie McScrew Loose, and Slim Dusty. He was buried this evening under the great oak in the front yard.  RIP Governor.  
Heron fly you home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment