Thursday, March 28, 2013




Freddie

I was at a yard sale in Nashville, years ago, when I heard a flock of parrots chattering in the yard next door to the sale. There was a big tall wooden fence in the way, but I clammored up to the top of the barrier and found myself looking at a large aviary full of the most amazing birds. I was fascinated and knew right then and there, that I wanted one. So I went next door and knocked. This nice doctor answered the door and shortly afterward, I was the proud owner of a little orange and green bird. Freddie was a cross between a Jenday Conure and and Sun Conure. He was also handicapped and the doctor told me that it was unlikely that he would live more than five years. He was club footed and his beak was mishapened. Well, Freddie lived twenty years, and after a close and personal relationship, he went off to bird heaven. What I most remember about Freddie was that he was a very kind soul. If you gave him something to eat, he would eat half and offer the rest to his cage mate. He had a sweet personality. Somehow along the way, I managed to save a number of his feathers as he moulted. and I finally made them into a design to remember him by. Sweet dreams little boy, you will always be in my heart. 







No comments:

Post a Comment