Monday, January 7, 2013

Found These People in My Attic

I found an old photograph album upstairs while cleaning out the attic.  It had paper photos as well as old tintypes.  Once I discovered I could remove the photos, I found some interesting things on the backs.  The date on the book cover, on the inside is 1865. 


Most of the photos look like they were taken locally.  And how do I know this?  Well, here are some of the photographer's logos I found on the backs of the photos. 






Next are photos of some in-state and out-of-state ladies. The top two photographs were taken in Pokeepsie, New York, and I've got to admit, they don't look like southern bells. The rest do, however.  There's one lady that's from Hazlehurst for sure. 



Here are some photos of couples. 




There is a name on the top right photo, but it has faded with time. The gentleman in the photo has piercing dark eyes, and I'm guessing that the photographer touched up the photo.  

Last, but not least, the children. They look like small adults, already affected by life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment