Wednesday, September 24, 2014



Kitty Come Home

SeeKitty, my 17 year old cat failed to show up for breakfast about two weeks ago. I searched and called for her for days. I checked the streets to see if she had been run over, opened all the sheds in case she got locked in. I even crawled under the house to search, but to no avail. I haven’t been able to write about her until now, and as I write, the tears fill my eyes once again. Her sweet little face, her beautiful green eyes, and her bob tail... it breaks my heart. She is sorely missed. We had a bond that grew closer each passing year. At her age, she seldom left the yard, and now there is an empty bench that reminds me each time I go out the back door.

SeeKitty was a feral cat and I remember it took almost a year for her to make contact. I never attempted to touch her, and eventually, she became curious as to why I didn’t. I let her touch me first before I ever tried to pet her. As a result, I was the only one she would allow near her until later in life. Eventually she accepted my friend Elaine who lives next door.

I suppose I will eventually take in another rescue kitty, but for now, I am still grieving.



No comments:

Post a Comment