Tuesday, June 17, 2014


Punjab, India




Last night, I found myself in Punjab, India. It was a very intense, and realistic dream. I have no idea why I would dream of Punjab, since I have never been there, and have never had much interest to travel there. In fact, when I started the dream, I had to ask someone where I was. It was rather hot and the streets I walked down were overcrowded with people, animals, and vendors of all sorts.  I stopped to look at what was for sale, and some of the things were beautiful, yet disturbing. At some point, I found myself in a restaurant, which had pealing paint on the walls of an old house, but the food was remarkably good and I found myself enjoying the vegetarian fare. I spent quite a bit of time, tasting all the unusual dishes. Each time I looked away from the food, however, the waiter would snatch my plate, and I had to track him down so he would bring it back to me. I was especially interested in the white stuff that was served with the meal.







At 6:45 AM, Bill woke me up, and I told him about my dream. I told him it was so real, I felt like I was really in Punjab. I asked him about the white stuff I ate, and he told me it was curd. Bill went to India some years ago. As I got out of bed, I felt a tug, and discovered that my hair had been braided down my back. I never go to sleep with my hair braided, and can only conclude that someone else braided my hair in my dream. It certainly wasn’t me. It made me pause and wonder, did I really go there?

No comments:

Post a Comment