Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Dyson Digital Slim




OK, every once in a while, an ad catches my eye on TV. This time is was the Dyson Digital Slim. It caught my attention because the size was far smaller than my canister vacuum, and it looked easier to use. Once I found out that it only had a twenty minute run time, however, I lost interest because it takes me more than twenty minutes to vacuum my 1500 square foot house, and the recharge time was 5 hours. Then about a week ago, my husband mentioned that he had a lots of points on his credit card, and here was a catalog from which to choose an item and redeem the points. I immediately ordered the Dyson, since there was no money exchanged, and it arrived yesterday. Wow. It’s really cool. It has incredible suction and its small size makes you want to use it on a daily basis, and it's fast. If the kitchen floor gets covered by bird seed, (I have a messy bird), the Dyson takes care of it quickly. I no longer have to drag the canister vacuum after me as I make my way down the hall. Oh, by the way, the canister instructions says not to drag the canister by the hose. Now, how many people do you know are willing to pick up the canister each time it needs to be moved? It is obvious that the canister vacuum was designed by a man. Well, yes, the Dyson was also designed by a man, but he must have had some feminine advisers.

While looking through the Dyson manual, not only is everything explained in pictures, but it has an interesting warning that I thought I would share.

Warning # 14:  Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of the body away from openings and moving parts. Do not point the hose wand or tools at your eyes or ears or put them in your mouth. 

Now, why would someone do that? TMI! I don’t want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment