Saturday, August 6, 2016


Sugar Ants (and no, I won’t use pesticides in my house)

If you live in Raymond, MS, you know what Sugar Ants are. They invade your kitchen and are almost impossible to get rid of. Heck, they’ll invade any part of your house if there is food there. My husband’s teenage daughters found that out when they left food plates on the floor. Anyway, this year they have been particularly bothersome. I hate seeing long lines of ants raiding my garbage can. So in self defense, I found a simple recipe to get rid of them.

Mix together: 1 cup of water, ½ cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of Borax. Take a cotton ball and saturate it with the solution. Place the cotton balls anywhere the ants are coming in. At first, you will see the ants swarm over the cotton ball. But wait. Within 24 hours, the ants disappear. They take the solution back to their nest and feed it to the others. This greatly reduces their numbers. So far, it’s been 3 days, and I haven’t seen any ants. So give it a try. You can buy Borax at the grocery store or dollar store.

1 comment:

  1. Windex will kill them too and they generally won't walk across a small pile of powder - borax powder or even baby powder. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete