Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Apache Shaman


Elaine and I found another junk store in Clinton the other day. It was loaded with so much junk that it took quite a while to take it all in. As I was passing an isle, something caught my eye and I came face to face with a picture that gave me some pause. In all my wanderings, I had never seen a picture of an Apache shaman. It is very symbolic and spiritual. So when I got home, I typed in the only words that were on the picture which were: Bik'egu'inda'n. I hit the search button, and up popped the following prayer.


Bik' egu indan nail hedansi
Hnzhugo na hindaadaden i
Nail gunli
Nazaa' I shi nahi ate ibil
Hnzilgu naha unzi
I'xe xe

English version:

Creator of life we honor you.
Kindly look over us.
Be generous, help us
In our language and in our ways.
Keep it strong for us.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment