Friday, December 27, 2013

Remember watching on the news about how credit and debit cards had been compromised at Target over the holiday season? Well, my debit card was one of those. Unfortunately, my bank did not have a phone number on record to alert me but they cancelled my card on Christmas Eve, when I was trying to finish up my shopping. It had been a long day, and I was rather crabby. I had stopped at the local grocery store, and my card was refused, so I had to resort to my credit card to make payment. But not before I made a stink and called over the manager. He was very polite, suggesting that perhaps a deposit had been made but not posted at the bank yet. I retorted that I had more than enough money in the bank and that certainly wasn’t my problem. I then stomped out of the store in a huff.

Well, today I went into the bank and told them my card wouldn’t work. Gail, the teller, asked me if I had shopped at Target. I said yes. She then told me that they had cancelled my card so my bank account wouldn’t be drained. I went oh... oops. They assured me that I would have a new card in a matter of days. Then I realized that I had shined my ass in the grocery store, and perhaps I’d better go back and apologize to Mr. Barlow for my behavior. So I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment