Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Midnight


I took my cat, Midnight, to the vet today because he was losing his hair. The visit didn’t turn out so good, and I don’t think we’ll be welcome back anytime soon.  It seems that once I got Midnight out of the cat carrier in the examination room, he panicked and basically destroyed most everything in the room.  The vet had some really nice artwork on the walls, thoughtfully framed and hung.  It took about 10 seconds for Midnight to remove them all.  I have never seen a cat do some of the things he did. Such agility!  It was amazing how fast and furious things came crashing down as he bounced from wall to wall.  At some point, I went from shock to trying to figure out how to contain him.  I quickly grabbed the cat carrier, flung it open, and whispered to him, making eye contact.  He shot in there like a bullet from off of one of the walls and as I staggered backward, I was able to slam the door behind him. I apologized at least 3 times before leaving the office, but I don’t think the vet was very happy about me, my cat, and all the damage.  As we were going out the door, he raised his voice and said, “the cat has fleas.”  When we arrived back home, I let Midnight out of the carrier and he immediately skulked under the house.  But it didn’t last for long.  I brought out a nice stinky can of cat food and that did the trick. He forgave me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment